Saturday, February 7, 2009

Special Valentines Day Sugar Cookies

What makes them special? I have no idea, except that the Angel of the Lord brought them down to me with his chorus of angels singing a never ending song of "Alleluias!". Just kidding :) But, seriously, these cookies are quite good!

I got this sugar cookie recipe from Sandy Toes. She used this recipe in her Stir and Season Saturday today. So anyway, here it is!

3/4 cup shortening

1 cup sugar

2 eggs

1 tsp. vanilla

21/2 cup all purpose flour (I had to use a little more than that because my dough was all sticky)

1 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp salt

Cream shortening, sugar, vanilla and eggs. Add all the dry ingredients. Cover and chill overnight. Roll and cut out cookies the next day {about 1/4 inch thick. And I just chilled it for a couple of hours}. Bake at 350 until light brown (about 6-8 minutes).

Dad and I made a deal that if he bought the sprinkles, I would bake him special Valentines day cookies! Sounds like a pretty good deal to me! Here's the finished product!


Enjoy!



P.S. Don't forget that you can send in your favorite recipes for me to post!

2 Chefs in the Kitchen:

Esther February 13, 2009 at 1:41 AM  

Those look absolutely amazing!!!
~Esther

Anonymous February 13, 2009 at 6:01 PM  

Hi Emily,
Those cookies look very yummy!
I'm not entirley sure how I found your blog, I think it was from..... someome elses' blog I think that it might have been Maddies but I don't know for sure!
Anyways, I'd love to be able to follow your blog.
Kindra